Onward Willow Neighbourhood Group is a community working together to keep our neighbourhood safe, our children nourished and nurtured, families strengthened, and individuals empowered. Due to the ongoing pandemic, please note that some of our services and hours have changed. Our centre is located at 15 Willow Road Unit K45. We are available by phone or email Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 11am to 2pm. Services are currently available by appointment only. We support community members located in the Guelph neighbourhood of Speedvale Avenue to Paisley Road and Edinburgh Road to the Hanlon Parkway.
The objective of our work is to promote healthy living by supporting community members as they strengthen their own lives. We help people identify necessary tools to set their own goals, shape their own successes, and build strong foundations for generations to come. We share collective resources with other NGs and partners, provide support, and advocate for community change.
We currently offer a number of services, groups, and programs including:
- Emergency food cupboard (monthly access) and referrals to other food programs
- A Wish List for household items
- A free, city-wide clothing room
- Referrals to key agencies & individual support
- Housing support (we are unable to find housing for folks but can help with housing issues/connections etc.)
- Youth programs when available
- Employment Assistance-help with resumes & job searches via Lutherwood as well as off-site employment workshops
- Free pet food from Pet Protect
- A Parent Outreach Worker via Guelph Community Health Centre program (there is a waiting list)
- Free local calling, photocopying, faxing & printing
- Volunteer opportunities