Please note: we are sorry to say we’re not able to accept any further donations at our centre at this time. If you have specific household items you would like to donate, please get in touch and we’ll do our best to arrange getting it out to someone in need. A huge thanks to everyone who contributed to our kids’ clothing drive, donated food and other essentials in this time of need. We couldn’t do it alone and we appreciate you all for your ongoing support and dedication to community.
KIDS’ GEAR: we have piles of kid’s winter gear: lots of brand new, warm jackets up to age 14, youth gear, hats, mitts, scarves, boots, shoes. Please reach out! Our clothing program is a city-wide service so you don’t have to live in the Onward Willow Neighbourhood to access this. This also applies to all ages: we are happy to put together packages of quality, seasonal clothing in specific sizes.
***Please remember to reach out first to make arrangements in order for us to continue being safe.
The work we do couldn’t be as much of a success without the kindness and generosity of so many thoughtful people throughout the Guelph community.
A few of the most-used services offered at OWNG include: an emergency food cupboard, a city-wide clothing room, and a free donation room with household items for newcomers and those in need. Unfortunately, we’re not able to accept large items onsite. We’re also unable to accept car seats, stuffed animals, and linens for safety & hygiene reasons.
If you are able to help, please contact Susie at email@example.com, Shauna at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 519-824-6892 or feel free to drop by and see us at 15 Willow, Unit K45! Thank-you!
The following is a list of items needed on an ongoing basis for the Onward Willow community.
- Our biggest needs include non-perishable food items such as healthy school snacks, pasta & sauce, plain rice & rice packets, diced tomatoes, canned fruit, crackers, brown beans, cereal, oatmeal, canned fish, packets or cans of soups & stews, powered milk, and frozen meat products. We are also happy to accept gluten-free products, rice noodles, cooking sauces, dried herbs & spices, popcorn, and more.
- Household items (plates, cutlery, cooking utensils, pots, pans, etc. & decor items including paintings, ceramics, & other trinkets & treasures)
- Hygiene items (specifically: deodorants, body washes, soaps, and shampoo)
- New & like-new items to offer through our free Gift Shop Program
- Cleaning supplies ( floor cleaner, Lysol or Clorox wipes)
- Copy paper