Onward Willow Neighbourhood Group is a community working together to keep our neighbourhood safe, our children nourished and nurtured, families strengthened, and individuals empowered. Our centre is located at 15 Willow Road Unit K45, open Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri 10am-4pm. We support community members located in the Guelph neighbourhood of Speedvale Avenue to Paisley Road and Edinburgh Road to the Hanlon Parkway.
The objective of our work is to promote healthy living by supporting community members as they strengthen their own lives. We help people identify necessary tools to set their own goals, shape their own successes, and build strong foundations for generations to come. We share collective resources with other NGs and partners, provide support, and advocate for community change.
We offer a number of services, groups, programs and events including:
- A safe & welcoming place to visit with neighbours
- A hot cup of coffee/tea/hot chocolate
- Emergency food cupboard
- A donation room offering free household goods, books, kitchenware, toys and more
- A free, city-wide clothing room
- Homework Club at Willow Rd. School
- Referrals to key agencies
- Housing support
- Youth programs
- Free local calling, photocopying, faxing & printing
- A Wish List for community to add specific needs ie beds, strollers, dressers
- Volunteer opportunities (clothing room, front desk, events team)
- Employment Assistance-help with resumes & job searches via Lutherwood as well as off-site employment workshops.
- Free pet food from Pet Protect
- Fundraisers & community events: annual BBQ’s, Spring Fair, Holiday party, Quarter Auction